Tuition and Fees
Brandman University reserves the right to change any of the following tuition and fee rates at any time without notice.
|Tuition||Regular Students Per Credit Hour||Active Duty Military Students and Spouses Per Credit Hour||Audit Only Per Credit Hour||Refundable Per Published Refund Schedule|
|Doctorate of Education (new students)||$995||$995||$495||Yes|
|Doctorate of Nursing||$1135||$1135||$565||Yes|
|Competency Based Education (Brandman MyPath):||No3|
|Cost per Billing Period/24 Weeks (Two Billing Periods Per CBE Academic Year)*||Minimum # of Units Per Billing Period/24 Weeks||Total per CBE Academic Year/48 weeks*|
|*CBE Academic Year is defined as 24 units (Bachelor's Degree) or 18 units (Master's Degree) in 48 weeks of instruction|
|Other Mandatory Fees||Amount||Frequency|
|Live Text Fee||$120||One-Time||Yes1|
|English 103 Writing Assessment Fee||$25||Per Course||Yes2|
|English 104 Writing Assessment Fee||$25||Per Course||Yes2|
|Lab and Material Fees||Varies by Course||Per Course||Yes1|
|Nursing General Fee||$400||One Time||Yes2|
|Nursing Advanced Physical Assessment Fee||$800||One Time||Yes2|
|Nursing Clinical Fee I||$400||One Time||Yes2|
|Nursing Clinical Fee II||$400||One Time||Yes2|
|Technology Fee||$95||Per Session||Yes2|
|CBE Re-Grade Fee||$100||Per Occurrence||Yes4|
|CBE Re-Assessment attempts (Non-Certification)||$100||Per Occurrence||No3|
|CBE Re-Assessment attempts (Certification)||Varies by Competency||By Competency||No 3|
|Comprehensive Exam Fee||$55||Per Occurrence||No|
|Degree Conferral Processing Fee||$150||Per Occurrence||No|
|Duplicate Diploma Fee||$50||Per Occurrence||No|
|DNP Continuing Candidacy Fee||$500||Per Session||No|
|Nursing Clinical Continuation Fee||$500||Per Session||No|
|Practicum Continuation Fee - Undergraduate||$150||Per Session||No|
|Practicum Continuation Fee - Graduate||$300||Per Session||No|
|Ed.D. Continuing Candidacy Fee||$550||Per Session||No|
|Ed.D. Enrollment Deposit Fee||$250||Per Occurrence||No|
|Education Demonstration of Mastery Portfolio Fee||$150||Per Occurrence||No|
|Leadership Coaching Fee||$135||Per Occurrence||No|
|Nursing Hooding and Pinning Fee||$200||One-Time||No|
|Prior Learning Portfolio Assessment Fee||$300||Per Occurrence||No|
|Returned Item Processing Fee||$25||Per Occurrence||No|
|Teacher Performance Assessment Fee||$125||Per Task||No|
|Teacher Performance Remediation Fee||$125||Per Task||No|
|Transcript Fee (USPS)||$10||Per Occurrence||No|
|Transcript Fee (Electronic)||$7.55||Per Occurrence||No|
|Transcript Fee (Expedited)||$10+S/H||Per Occurrence||No|
If returned unused/unopened prior to the first day of classes. No refund on or after the 1st day of the session.
If course is dropped prior to the first day of the session. No refund on or after the 1st day of the session.
See CBE Tuition Refund Policy.
See CBE section of the Academic Catalog for more detail.
Tuition Refund Policy – Adds, Drops or Withdrawals
- To add or drop a class, please see the appropriate "Academic Policies and Procedures" sections of this catalog.
- To officially add or drop a class, students must do so either through MyBrandman Self Service or submit an Add/Drop Form to their respective campus One Stop staff.
- Failure to attend class or merely giving notice to an instructor will not be regarded as official notice of add/drop or withdrawal.
- The date of withdrawal for purposes of tuition and/or refundable fees refunds shall be the date on which the class was officially dropped through MyBrandman Self Service or at the campus.
- Dropping below full-time or part-time status may affect any financial aid that has been awarded and/or disbursed. Students who receive federal financial aid are subject to a pro-rated return of federal funds and will be required to return funds to the University that were previously disbursed based on a higher unit load. Please contact your Campus One Stop staff for further information.
- Completely withdrawing from the University or dropping classes after the published tuition and/or refundable fees refund deadline does not absolve students' financial obligations to the University.
- Any tuition and unit-based fees credits resulting from drops will be applied to the current balance, if applicable.
Tuition and Fees Refund Policy for credit hour programs other than CBE - please see Academic Calendar section for specific trimester dates:
|If student drops and/or withdraws||Refundable Amount|
|Prior to the first day of classes||100%|
|Within the first week of classes||90%|
|Within the second week of classes||80%|
|After the second week of classes||None|
There are no exceptions to this policy.
CBE Tuition and Fee Refund Policy
A full tuition refund will be given prior to starting competencies, but no refunds will be given once the student begins.
It is every student’s responsibility to review their student account periodically to ensure that it is correct and that all applicable credits (Grants, Loans, Scholarships, Adjustments) have been applied to their account.
Interest is calculated at 10.75 percent per annum commencing on the applicable due date and continuing through the payment date based on the student account balance at each month end. Tuition is due on the start date of each 8 week term, as listed in the catalog. If the balance remains unpaid, interest accrues from the term start date. It is a fixed, simple interest rate. Brandman University reserves the right to change interest rate at any time without notice.