Undergraduate Credit Hour Degree Requirements
Graduation Requirements–Associate of Arts in General Education
- A minimum of 60 credits is required.
- Completion of degree program requirements.
- 15 lower division credits in residence.
- 2.0 minimum cumulative grade point average.
- Degree requirements cannot be waived by the CSU or IGETC certification.
- LBSU 100 Student Success Strategies and LBSU 105 Academic Foundations cannot be satisfied in transfer.
Graduation Requirements–Bachelor Degrees
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper-division coursework.
- Minimum of 30 credits completed in residence at Brandman; 18 of which must be upper-division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Brandman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all “I” grades.
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 304 Liberal Arts Core Foundations (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
Academic Major Credits and specific courses
- See program listing. Students must follow general education and major requirements of the same year.
- A minimum of 21 credits of upper-division coursework in the major; a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the major and in upper-division work.
Double Major (Seeking Concurrently)
- A maximum of 18 credits may be duplicated by the second major.
- Completion of all requirements for both majors.
- Diploma(s) will be issued for each type of degree showing the majors completed at the time of graduation.
- Must be completed in a discipline outside the student’s major.
- A minimum of 18 credits, 9 of which, may not be duplicated by the major.
- A minimum of 9 upper-division credits.
- A minimum of 6 upper-division credits completed in residence.
- 2.0 cumulative average and 2.0 GPA for all upper-division coursework.
- Course of the student’s own choosing taken beyond requirements of general education and major/minor in order to meet minimum credit requirements for graduation.
Second or Additional Bachelor’s Degree at Brandman or Chapman University
(After initial Bachelors degree has been conferred)
- A student must apply and be admitted to seek a second bachelor degree or major.
- All major requirements must be met.
- A minimum of 30 semester credits in residence beyond the minimum requirements for the first bachelor’s degree.
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity and LBSU 304 Liberal Arts Core Foundations are waived for all bachelor degree holders from another regionally accredited institution.