Financial Aid and Expenses

The Financial Aid Office is responsible for awarding financial aid to all students attending classes at Brandman University. Information and application materials are available at every Brandman University campus. Counselors at each campus have been expressly trained and work closely with the Financial Aid Office to ensure that all Brandman University students are well served. All students who need financial assistance are encouraged to apply.

Application Procedure  

To submit an application, students need only complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and submit it to the federal processor. Californians who are undergraduates also are urged to complete the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by March 2, 2020 for the 2020-21 academic year.

When completing the FAFSA, please indicate “Brandman University” in the section of the FAFSA that asks you about the schools to which you would like to apply. The Brandman University Office of Postsecondary Education identification number (OPE ID) is 041618.

The preferential filing date for submitting the FAFSA is eight weeks prior to the start of a student’s first session of attendance within an academic year. Every effort will be made to assist those who apply after the preferential filing date; however, disbursement of assistance may be delayed, and funds may be exhausted in some grant programs.

The federal government may require additional documentation from financial aid applicants, such as copies of IRS income tax transcripts. The government and the Financial Aid Office will notify students who need to provide additional documents.

Students must be admitted to a Brandman University degree program or teaching credential program in order to receive financial aid.  Financial assistance is unavailable for enrollment in certificate programs unless the certificate is embedded with the degree program to which the student has been admitted.

Federal Student Aid

Federal financial aid programs consist of Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants, Federal Direct Student Loans, and Federal Direct PLUS Loans.

State of California Student Aid

The State of California provides Cal Grants to financially and academically eligible undergraduates and to teaching credential students who received Cal Grants as undergraduates.